Commercial Agreements and Structures
- Joint Venture Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Shareholders Agreements and related documentation;
- Management Contracts;
- Service Level Agreements;
- Distribution Agreements;
- Agency Agreements;
- Heads of Agreement;
- Unit Trusts, Discretionary Trusts and Variation of Trusts;
- Loan Agreements; and
- Mortgages and General or Specific Security Deeds;
- Trust and Company Resolutions and facilitating in specie Trust distributions;
- Providing advice in relation to the interpretation of Trusts; and
- Providing advice in relation to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth); and
- Land compensation claims, agreements and advice.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating Heads of Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements and other commercial agreements in relation to the development of land;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating conditional and unconditional contracts of sale; and
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating long term leases with major tenants or anchor tenants, including anchor tenants for retail center developments.
- Undertaking due diligence enquiries with all relevant authorities in relation to the land and the project, including identifying and advising upon any contamination issues;
- Providing advice in relation to contaminated sites legislation; and
- Providing advice in relation to title or tenure issues, including lease reviews, the effect of restrictive covenants, heritage matters, easements and other types of encumbrances upon the land in question.
Assisting in obtaining all approvals required for the proposed development, including planning commission approval, local authority approval and all other approvals that may be required by a government body or other regulatory agency or authority in relation to the land/development.
- Assisting in obtaining local government approval and planning commission approval in relation to the subdivision of the land;
- Liaising with surveyors, town planners and other planning consultants in relation to the proposed development;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating Easements, Restrictive Covenants and other documents affecting the land as required for the purpose of the subdivision of the land or the project; and
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating Off-the-plan Sale Contracts.
Building and Construction
- Preparing, negotiating and providing advice on building and construction contracts for both owners and builders;
- Arranging the referral of specific issues to building experts and the like, as required, in order to clarify or resolve questions regarding a particular building or structure; and
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating building and construction contracts and property development agreements.